Ganoderma extract is taken from a mushroom, sometimes called reishi mushroom, that grows on wood. The extract enjoys extensive use in traditional Asian medicine, especially in China and Vietnam. In China it is sometimes called the “miracle herb” because of its extensive medicinal benefits to health.
In Western culture, it is considered an alternative medicine but still maintains moderate popularity. It is frequently used by cancer and AIDS patients in the Western world as a way to stimulate the immune system, among other things.
A look at the medicinal benefits of ganoderma extract
Although mostly unapproved by the FDA for medicinal usage, it is nonetheless accepted folk remedy for many health problems. In China, the extract is held in high esteem and accepted as a treatment for health maladies ranging from cancer to high cholesterol.
Let’s take a look at some of the purported health benefits of Ganoderma:
- antioxidant: ganoderma is thought to be a highly powerful antioxidant that fights against free radicals which cause mutations in the structure of DNA molecules that can develop into cancer
- hypoglycemic: the extract has shown the ability to reduce and help stabilize blood glucose levels in some individuals
- anticancer: ganoderma is sought by cancer patients because of its high antioxidant content, and it is also taken as a preventative measure for cancer for this reason
- liver health: it helps to improve the efficiency of the liver and improves its ability to filter toxins from the blood
- lowers cholesterol: some studies have shown that ganoderma extract has the ability to lower LDL cholesterol levels, which may be tied to its ability to improve liver function
- anti-stress: ganoderma extract has exceptional anti-stress qualities which can sharpen memory and help to increase concentration levels
- immune system: ganoderma is thought to improve the function of the immune system as well
Best ways to get ganoderma extract into your diet
It is not recommended to include ganoderma mushroom in food recipes due to its somewhat bitter taste, rather it is best to take it as a supplement in extract form. It may be taken as a daily supplement in pill form, or mixed in to your favorite beverage.
It is added to coffees and teas in prepackaged form for convenience, but ganoderma can also be purchased whole or in ground powder form and mixed into your food or drink. This gives you the flexibility of adjusting your dosage to suit your taste, and also control the quality and freshness of the product that you consume.
Top ganoderma extract products
As mentioned, it is probably not best to add ganoderma extract directly to your food, but it can be mixed into your favorite drink (most commonly coffee and tea). It may also be purchased in ground or whole form so that you can mix it in at your own preferred amounts.
Here are three of the currently most popular ganoderma extract products:
Buy Ganoderma Coffee
|Ganocafe Classic||Gano Cafe 3-in-1||Organo Gold Gourmet Black Coffee|
Video about the health benefits of ganoderma extract
For more information about the history and medicinal usage of ganoderma, watch this video: